When it’s time for a new water heater, energy efficiency is usually near the top of many people’s wish lists in Fort Worth. A tankless water heater is a great option for saving energy. In fact, a tankless water heater is 8–34 percent more energy efficient than a storage water heater, according to energy.gov.
Unlike traditional tank heaters that heat gallons of water and store it for usage, tankless water heaters use gas burners or electric coils to heat water on an as-needed basis, which may save you a lot on energy expenses. Since the heated water isn’t stored for use for later use, you don’t have to pay for standby energy losses like you might with tank heaters. You’ll also benefit from having a continual supply of hot water. They are compact in size, energy-efficient in design and low-cost to run.
When you turn on a hot water tap, cold water comes through the unit where either a gas burner or an electric element heats it. Then it travels to the tap, where you get hot water. One note about tankless water heaters—particularly for bigger houses—is that the flow rate of hot water may not be great enough to handle a handful of uses at once. One of our specialists will help you determine what your flow rate is and provide recommendations based on their analysis.
Some people choose to install a separate tankless water heater that’s picked for a specific appliance, like the dishwasher or the clothes washer—or as a booster for a solar water heating system. However, most houses in the Fort Worth area do very well with a single tankless water heater. Let’s look at some of the perks of getting one:
- Most tankless water heaters have a lifecycle of 20 years—that’s about twice as long as the lifespan of a traditional tank heater.
- Most tankless units have a federal tax rebate.
- Tankless water heaters almost never run out of hot water.
- You get higher energy efficiency with a tankless water heater because they are more efficient with no standby heat loss and only use the power needed to heat the amount of water needed at any time.
- Tankless models need much less space than traditional tank water heaters. They can even be hung on the walls and some can be put in small cupboards or closets. Smaller units can be added under cabinets or in a closet, closer to where they’ll be used.
With tankless water heaters, you decrease the chance of flooding due to a ruptured tank. Call Calverley Service Experts today if you want an ENERGY STAR® rated, tankless hot water heater put in your Fort Worth home. It’s a great energy-efficient option for your home. We carry quality tankless hot water heater choices, expertise and expert service—for all your tankless water heater needs. Give our team a call at 817-380-5647
or request an appointment with us online.