Expert Sump Pump Repair and Replacement in Fort Worth
You might not think about your sump pump until there’s a downpour. Then you expect it’s working properly so your Fort Worth basement doesn’t flood.
Sump pumps can cease running for several various reasons.
We’ve witnessed it all. If your pump isn’t running like it should, get in touch with the Experts at Calverley Service Experts to determine the problem.
We’ll inspect your pump during our visit and provide you with preventive maintenance suggestions, so it won’t go out when you need it most.
Common Causes of Sump Pump Failure
Sump pumps can cease operating for several different reasons:
- Power interruption
- Lack of maintenance
- Wrong unit size
- Incorrect installation
- Switch trouble
- Frosted over or plugged discharge lines
- Age (average expectancy is 10 years)
Sump Pump Maintenance Checklist
There are a few easy things you can do to verify your sump pump is prepared for efficiency.
- Check that the cord is in decent shape.
- Plug it into a GFCI outlet in case of power surges.
- Confirm the pump is straight and not leaning to one side, since this can trigger the pump to not turn on when called for.
- If the pump hasn’t recently run, pour a bucket of water into the pit to check the pump starts and drains the water quickly.
- During drought-like conditions, pull out the sump pump and clean the grate on the bottom since it can get small stones in the grate over time.
- Check the discharge pipe’s vent hole isn’t plugged.
Trust Calverley Service Experts for Your Sump Pump Needs
Because your sump pump is a method of insurance to shield your home from water damage, look to the professionals at Calverley Service Experts to verify yours is doing its job.
We’ve got the knowledge—whether you need sump pump repair or sump pump replacement. Plus, all of our services are upheld by a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for a year.* Contact us at 817-380-5647 or book an appointment online.