According to the Insurance Institute for Business and Home Safety, more than 50 percent of drain system failures are due to sewer backups. The typical cost due to sewer drain overflows or corroded drain pipes and loose connections is $4,400. Calverley Service Experts can help by ensuring you have a backflow assembly installed to prevent sewer backups. Many homeowners in Fort Worth don’t realize they are liable for the maintenance and repair of the pipeline between their city’s sanitary sewer main and their home, called the “sewer lateral.” At Calverley Service Experts, our plumbers and technicians have the knowledge, training and aptitude to take care of everything and anything associated to sewer service and sewer inspection.
Popular Causes of Sewer Backup
- Blockages in the city’s sanitary main
- Tree roots that grow into sewer lines
No matter what is the cause of your sewer to fail or become congested, be sure to call us at 817-380-5647
as soon as you identify a problem to prevent as much, maybe expensive, destruction to your house and plumbing arrangement as possible.
How to Prevent a Sewer Line Backup
- Be certain you are disposing of trash properly.
- Pouring grease down your drain will result in a buildup in the line and turn into a clog.
- Disposing of any paper objects excluding toilet paper (including feminine products and paper towels) into the toilet can create a backup.
- Have Calverley Service Experts install and maintain a backwater prevention valve to prevent sewer backflows.
- Ask Calverley Service Experts to check for illegal plumbing connections and fix them if discovered. It is illegal to connect French drains, sump pumps and other flood-control systems to your sanitary sewer. Not only that, but it will eventually clog your line with debris and silt.
- To prevent tree roots from damaging your lines, have your line and tap replaced with plastic pipe.
Call Calverley Service Experts today at 817-380-5647
or request an appointment online and let us do the dirty work of sewer services for you. We offer quality equipment choices, knowledge and expert service for all your plumbing needs.