Preventing it from happening is the most essential place to begin. Completing appropriate safety precautions will decrease your risk of carbon monoxide poisoning in Fort Worth.
Here are a couple steps you can take to keep your family protected:
- Heat up your car away from your garage. Cars are a major source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so never leave yours running in the confined space of a garage. The same applies for gas equipment such as lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t use ovens or grills as heating sources. These items are safe when run properly but can produce carbon monoxide when used for an extensive period of time in little spaces.
- Don’t operate a gas generator indoors, because it makes fumes.
- Have your chimney examined by a pro. This verifies chimneys and vents aren’t blocked and connected properly.
- Verify gas appliances are working correctly, including your heater. You can make sure you’re receiving efficient, safe operation by requesting regular furnace maintenance with Calverley Service Experts.