Stopping it from happening is the most essential place to begin. Doing correct safety precautions will decrease your risk of carbon monoxide poisoning in Fort Worth.
Here are several steps you can take to keep your family protected:
- Heat up your car away from your garage. Cars are a major source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so don’t leave yours running in the confined space of a garage. The same goes for gas equipment such as lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t use ovens or grills as heaters. These items are safe when run properly but can produce carbon monoxide when used for an extensive period of time in little spaces.
- Don’t run a gas generator indoors, as it makes fumes.
- Have your chimney inspected by a specialist. This verifies chimneys and vents aren’t blocked and connected properly.
- Verify gas appliances are running accurately, including your heater. You can make sure you’re getting efficient, safe operation by requesting regular furnace maintenance with Calverley Service Experts.