When you use the faucet on your kitchen or bathroom sink, you're expecting clean, safe water to flow out. But even if your water seems clear, it may still carry toxic chemicals that pose a threat to your family’s health and well-being. Many people don't like the taste of contaminated tap water and recognize the risk of drinking it. That’s why half of all American households have either a home water treatment system (32 percent) or bottled water (18 percent) to guarantee they have clean drinking water on hand.
If you want to ensure your family’s well-being, you might first consider continuing the bottled water plan. Sadly, this gets pricey almost immediately. Plus, plastic water bottles that aren't recycled end up contaminating the world’s waterways, causing harm to the environment and hurting marine life.
Setting up a whole-house water filtration system is more practical and cleaner for the environment than buying bottled water. It will also supply healthier water more conveniently because you can get it directly from the tap. Additionally, whole-house systems send purified water to your showers, tubs and plumbing fixtures, helping you to maximize the benefits wherever you use water at home.
Before putting in a whole-house water filter, learn about what’s in your water supply and how a Filtermax™ Superior Chemical Removal Filter can clear out hazardous contaminants. Then, get in touch with Calverley Service Experts to help you choose and install the best water filter for you.
What’s in Your Water Supply?
Water quality may differ by location, but a few of the most likely contaminants are:
- Heavy metals
- Industrial chemicals
- Disinfection byproducts (DBPs)
Learn what could be in your water supply by entering your ZIP Code into the Environmental Working Group’s drinking water quality database. EWG records show that above 80 percent of utility water supplies in North America have tested positive for carcinogenic chemicals, illustrating that lawful water quality levels are not necessarily safe.
Try Installing a Filtermax Water Filtration System
The Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter filters out dirt, debris and harmful chemicals from your tap water, providing you and your family with safe, clean water to enjoy. Here are the perks of this system:
- Sediment filtration: Cloudiness is a frequent sign of sediment in your drinking water. Comprised of silt, sand, rust or clay, sediment naturally occurs and can become concentrated in the water main soon after severe storms. While typically harmless, sediment will make your drinking water appear and taste unpleasant. Filtermax includes sediment filtration to clear out solids from your drinking water.
- Chlorine removal: Chlorine is vital to clean drinking water in urban environments like cities. Sadly, this disinfectant creates hazardous chemical byproducts when it meets naturally occurring organic and inorganic materials in the water. Some DPBs, like trihalomethanes (THMs), are shown to cause cancer. Filtermax eliminates these carcinogens to keep your family safe.
- Safer, cleaner, better-tasting water: Guaranteeing safe tap water is the goal of adding putting in any water filtration equipment. Besides being healthier for your family to enjoy, filtered water also smells, tastes and looks better. No more constant metallic or musty odors. No more earthy or chlorine flavor. No more cloudy water swirling around your glass. Just clean-tasting, odorless, crystal-clear water.
- Filtered water at every tap: Harmful chemicals don’t just impact you when ingested—they also absorb into your skin during a shower and adhere to your clothing and dishes when you wash them. That’s why a whole-house filtration system is so beneficial because it guarantees clean water from every tap.
- No operating expenses or water going to waste: Some whole-house filtration systems raise your electric bills. Others raise your water bills with automatic backwashing and flushing. Filtermax proves that healthy water doesn’t have to include steeper utility costs.
- Flow-through distributor: Based on your plumbing system’s setup, you could need an upflow or downflow water filter. The Filtermax™ flow-through distributor contains both designs to cater to your needs.
- 20-year manufacturer warranty: This is one of the best warranties in the water treatment equipment industry! With this coverage, you have certainty your investment will carry on providing clean, quality drinking water for a very long time.
Install a Whole-House Water Filter in Your Home
At Calverley Service Experts, we install different types of water filtration systems from Excalibur, including the Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter. Whether you’re hoping to decrease water hardness, filter out bacteria or remove dangerous chemicals, you’ll find the best system for you from Excalibur. Installation is fast, easy and backed by our 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. Get in contact with your local Calverley Service Experts office for help picking out a water filtration system that suits your needs and budget.