Air conditioners don’t last indefinitely, no matter the brand or quality. If you’re prepping for air conditioning replacement in Fort Worth, you might be thinking—should you also request furnace replacement too? It depends on your situation.
Here are some factors to consider, as well as the benefits of staying away from a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Points to Ask When Thinking Over Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are key questions to answer in advance of making your decision:
- When was your furnace installed? Furnaces can last up to 20 years, while air conditioners last for about 15 years. If your furnace is over a 15 years old, plan to replace it along with your air conditioner. If it was installed earlier than this, you can likely hold on it.
- What model of air conditioner are you getting? Many homeowners are swapping out their dated, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed styles. This uses less energy and increases comfort by working at several speeds. Air conditioners use the furnace blower to distribute air. So, if you rely on a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to install a new one to enjoy the complete comfort and benefits of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace provide the right air flow? Your furnace needs to deliver the right amount of air to keep your residence comfortable. A modern air conditioner may call for a different indoor coil. So, it’s essential your furnace is correctly sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, like one from Calverley Service Experts, can figure out that static pressure of your system and give the right suggestion.
- Is the installation difficult? You’ll make it easier on your Expert and your pocketbook if you install both components at the same time.
Why You Should Buy a New Furnace and Air Conditioner Together
If your furnace and air conditioner work together and are adequately sized, there aren’t usually any major short-term drawbacks. A mismatched setup is often a stopgap until the other system stops working. You can skip the temporary patch by replacing your furnace and air conditioner together. And, you’ll enjoy these rewards:
- Better efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll ensure everything runs at the best efficiency, making your residence cozier and reducing your yearly energy costs.
- Reduced HVAC repairs: If you buy a new AC but keep the old furnace, you never know when it could malfunction for good. In the meantime, you’ll fork over for repairs that could have gone toward an upgraded furnace.
- Likely discounts: You can save on labor by having both replaced at the same time. And you may even be eligible for a special deal as you’re bundling new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to get rid of your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, you can trust Calverley Service Experts. We know the expense of replacing your entire system may stress you out, so we’ll make your investment affordable through special coupons or our stress-free Advantage Program™. You can receive a new, high-efficiency unit at no money down and merely one reasonable monthly cost. And all maintenance and repairs later on are included!*
Rest assured that our team is highly trained, experienced and NATE-certified to ensure a job done correctly the first time. Plus, we give you a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 817-380-5647 to schedule an HVAC installation estimate right away!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.