Air conditioners don’t last indefinitely, regardless of the brand or quality. If you’re prepping for air conditioning replacement in Fort Worth, you might be thinking—should you also book furnace replacement too? It depends on your situation.
Here are some factors to consider, as well as the benefits of not having a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Things to Ask When Thinking About Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are key questions to answer prior to making your decision:
- When was your furnace installed? Furnaces can last up to 20 years, while air conditioners last for about 15 years. If your furnace is over a 15 years old, plan to replace it with your air conditioner. If it’s much less than 15 years old than this, you can likely hold on it.
- What type of air conditioner are you getting? Many homeowners are swapping out their outdated, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed upgrades. This conserves energy and enhances comfort by operating at varying speeds. Air conditioners use the furnace blower to distribute air. So, if you rely on a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to get a new one to enjoy the total comfort and benefits of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace provide the right air flow? Your furnace needs to deliver the right amount of air to keep your residence comfortable. An updated air conditioner may need a different indoor coil. So, it’s important your furnace is appropriately sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, like one from Calverley Service Experts, can figure out that static pressure of your system and make the right advice.
- Is the installation tricky? You’ll make it easier on your Expert and your pocketbook if you get new components at the same time.
Why You Should Buy a New Furnace and Air Conditioner Simultaneously
If your furnace and air conditioner match and are adequately sized, there aren’t usually any major short-term drawbacks. A mismatched setup is typically not permanent until the other system goes out. You can skip the temporary patch by replacing your furnace and air conditioner together. And, you’ll get these rewards:
- Better efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll ensure everything works at the best efficiency, making your residence comfier and reducing your yearly energy costs.
- Reduced HVAC repairs: If you buy a new AC but keep the old furnace, you never know when it may stop working for good. In the meantime, you’ll shell out for repairs that could have gone toward an upgraded furnace.
- Likely discounts: You can save on labor by having both put in at the same time. And you may even be eligible for a discount as you’re getting new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to get rid of your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, you can trust Calverley Service Experts. We know the expense of replacing your complete system may stress you out, so we’ll make your investment affordable through special coupons or our stress-free Advantage Program™. You can receive a new, high-efficiency furnace and air conditioner at no money down and merely one small monthly cost. And all maintenance and repairs later on are included!*
Rest assured that our team is highly trained, experienced and NATE-certified to ensure a job done correctly the first time. Plus, we include a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 817-380-5647 to schedule an HVAC installation estimate right away!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.