When severe weather comes around, whether it’s forecasted or not, it can have a big impact. Staying safe and protecting your home are your top priorities, but did you know there are things you can do to prep your air conditioner so that when the storm passes, your AC repair technician will give you the thumbs up?
Taking even a few moments to think about your heating and cooling systems before the storm hits can help you prevent damage to your system when it’s all said and done. Then, when you schedule for an AC repair technician to check your system afterwards, they can possibly provide you with good news that your steps paid off.
At Calverley Service Experts, we recognize that there’s only so much prep work you can do to get ready for severe weather, and time might not give you much warning, so we’ve put together a list of what you can do before and after a severe weather event takes place.
- Turn off your heating and cooling equipment. Power surges are commonplace during rough weather, so be sure to turn off your system via your thermostat and your circuit breaker to make sure it is fully off.
- Cover the outdoor unit. Whether it’s a specific AC cover or simply a tarp, covering your system and securing the cover can keep away any debris that gets tossed around during bad weather. Just make sure you have turned the system totally off in advance of covering it with anything.
- Prep your yard. Be sure all loose outdoor items such as grills, patio furniture and any yard tools are kept in a safe place so that they don’t get tossed about during the storm.
- Clear the debris. Once it is alright to go back outdoors, make sure any debris is cleared away from your outdoor unit.
- Damaged? If you see any damage to your system or if it is sitting in standing water, call Calverley Service Experts prior to turning on your air conditioner. We can properly inspect your system and decide whether or not an AC repair is needed.
Of course we all hope that threatening weather doesn’t hit us in Fort Worth, but we have to be prepared if we want the best chance to dodge any major damage or other problems that might come with it. If you have any questions about how to best get ready for bad weather in Fort Worth or want to know what our AC repair service consists of after the storm has gone through, give us a call at 817-380-5647 or schedule an appointment with Calverley Service Experts through our online scheduler.