How Often Do I Need Air Conditioner Service in Fort Worth?
Imagine it’s a sweltering hot summer day, and your air conditioner suddenly goes out. You start calling around looking for emergency AC repair, but the temperature keeps rising while you wait for a service technician to arrive. What a disaster!
Properly timed air conditioner maintenance is the key to preventing this scenario. But how can you tell when it’s time for a tune-up? And, is it really worth setting up an appointment if your air conditioner doesn’t seem to have a problem? Find out why taking a proactive philosophy is the key to keeping you and your AC unit cool and comfortable.
How Often Should You Service Your AC?
To keep your air conditioner working efficiently, HVAC Experts highly recommend servicing it at least once per year. Annual cooling maintenance ensures your AC unit stays in optimal condition, protecting against potential issues and increasing its life span.
As for what time to schedule air conditioner maintenance, spring is the preferred season. This allows you to fix potential issues before the summer heat arrives, ensuring your AC unit runs smoothly during the hot summer months.
However, if spring has come and gone, and you didn’t have time to schedule AC service, don’t wait for another 12 months. When it comes to making the most out of cooling efficiency with preventive maintenance, it’s better to do it late than not at all.
What Does AC Service Involve?
An air conditioner tune-up is a comprehensive process involving several steps. This is why DIY servicing is not advisable. Here are some key aspects of the work you can expect to be done during a routine service visit:
- Complete inspection: The technician looks over your air conditioner for potential concerns or areas requiring attention.
- Cleaning: The mechanic uses specialized tools and proven techniques to clean the condenser coil, evaporator coil, condensate drain line and other elements to make sure your system runs efficiently.
- Lubrication and tightening: Moving parts are lubricated to minimize friction and counter wear and tear. Then, electrical connections are tightened to encourage safe equipment operation.
- Filter replacement: Changing the filter improves air quality and helps the unit run more effectively. HVAC professionals suggest doing this in your own system every one or two months to maintain proper airflow.
- System test: Before deeming the job complete, your technician will run a test cycle to make sure the system starts, operates and shuts down the way it should.
Benefits of Routine Air Conditioner Service
Many property owners question if routine maintenance is worth the investment. The fact is, scheduled air conditioner tune-ups help achieve better performance and home comfort. Some key benefits include:
- Increased energy efficiency: A well-maintained AC unit needs less power to keep your home cool, which translates into lower utility expenses and a smaller carbon footprint.
- Lower repair costs: It’s simple to spot potential issues early when a technician diligently inspects your AC unit every spring. A relatively small repair, like replacing a fraying fan belt, helps you avoid pricey and inconvenient breakdowns later in the season.
- Higher air quality: A clean AC system leads to better air circulation and fewer airborne allergens for a healthier living environment.
- Extended equipment life: Like getting routine oil changes to help your car last longer, consistent AC service extends the life of your AC, saving you on early replacement expenses.
How Much Does AC Service Cost?
Routine maintenance isn’t a free service, but you should see it as an investment, not an expense. After all, regular servicing helps you save on utility costs, emergency repairs or the cost of buying a new system.
To optimize your savings, consider investing in a maintenance plan from Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing. For just one low monthly fee, you’ll decrease the risk of breakdowns and improve energy efficiency for ongoing savings. Choose from three different plans to accommodate your needs and price range. You’ll get several benefits no matter which one you choose, including:
- Regular tune-ups: Our maintenance plans cover annual AC tune-ups, ensuring your system continues to operate in peak condition.
- Priority service: Members go to the front of the line when setting up appointments, even during peak call volumes.
- Discounts: Save 15% on repairs and services, along with extra discounts on new equipment.
- Repair guarantee: For your peace of mind, we guarantee the quality of our repairs for one full year.
Schedule Air Conditioner Service in North America
Clearly, routine AC maintenance is crucial for enhancing performance and providing home comfort. Schedule an annual visit, if at all possible in the spring, to protect against breakdowns and savor numerous other benefits of a well-maintained air conditioner.
As for choosing a company to perform the work, Service Experts has long been the top choice, with skilled professionals, comprehensive maintenance plans, and a dedication to customer satisfaction. Entrust air conditioner maintenance to the Experts, and you’ll keep your residence cool and comfortable during even the hottest months. To learn more or set up your next AC tune-up, please contact a Service Experts office near you today.
Zoning Systems: Control the Temperature in Every Room
Central heating and air systems have transformed home comfort and made it possible to stay wonderfully cozy in any season or climate. But while centralized systems are a convenient way to regulate the temperature, they sometimes fall short when it comes to evenly distributing heated or cooled air... Continue reading
Eight Upgrades to Boost Your Home HVAC System
During the cold winter months in the U.S., there’s no better way to enhance your home’s comfort than with easy and effective upgrades. It’s not just about keeping the house toasty warm as the snow begins to fall—it’s about maximizing efficiency and improving the very air you breathe.... Continue reading
How to Choose a Good HVAC System
When it comes to keeping your home comfortable year-round, nothing is more important than picking out the right heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system. This choice affects your daily comfort, monthly utility expenditures and overall home efficiency. However, with so many system... Continue reading