Imagine it’s a scorching hot summer day, and your air conditioning abruptly breaks down. You call around for emergency AC repair, but the temperature keeps rising while you wait for a technician to arrive. Talk about a headache!
Properly timed air conditioner maintenance is an important tool in preventing this scenario. But what are the signs that it’s time for a tune-up? And, is it really worth setting up an appointment if your air conditioner doesn’t seem like it has a problem? Find out why taking a proactive philosophy is the secret to keeping you and your AC unit cool under pressure.
How Often Should You Service Your AC?
To keep your air conditioner operating efficiently, HVAC Experts encourage servicing it at least once a year. Annual cooling maintenance ensures your AC unit continues to be in optimal condition, protecting against potential problems and lengthening its life span.
As for what time to schedule air conditioner maintenance, spring is the ideal season. This enables you to fix potential issues before the summer heat arrives, ensuring your system runs smoothly throughout the whole summer.
However, if spring is already in the rearview mirror, and you weren't able to schedule AC service, don’t wait until next year. When it comes to maximizing cooling efficiency with preventive maintenance, it’s better to do it late than not at all.
What Does AC Service Involve?
An air conditioning tune-up is a comprehensive process involving several steps. This is why DIY maintenance is not suggested. Here are some key elements of the work you can expect to be done during a routine service visit:
- Thorough inspection: The technician carefully looks through your air conditioning unit for potential problems53 or areas requiring attention.
- Cleaning: The HVAC specialist uses specialized tools and proven techniques to clean the condenser coil, evaporator coil, condensate drain line and other parts to make sure your system runs efficiently.
- Lubrication and tightening: Moving parts are lubricated to reduce friction and protect against wear and tear. Then, electrical connections are tightened to encourage safe equipment operation.
- Filter replacement: Replacing the filter increases air quality and helps the unit run in a more efficient manner. HVAC professionals suggest doing this yourself every one or two months to maintain proper airflow.
- System test: Before deeming the job complete, your technician will run a test cycle to make sure the system turns on, operates and shuts down properly.
Benefits of Routine Air Conditioner Service
Many homeowners ask themselves if routine maintenance is worth the effort. The fact is, routine air conditioner tune-ups promote better performance and home comfort. Some key benefits include:
- Increased energy efficiency: A well-maintained AC unit requires less energy to keep your home cool, which translates into lower utility costs and a smaller carbon footprint.
- Lower repair costs: It’s much easier to spot potential issues early when a technician diligently inspects your cooling system every spring. An easy repair, like replacing a fraying fan belt, helps you avoid costly and inconvenient breakdowns during the hot months.
- Increased air quality: A clean cooling system translates into better air circulation and fewer airborne allergens for a healthier living environment.
- Extended equipment life: Like getting routine oil changes to help your car last longer, routine AC service extends the life of your AC, saving you on untimely replacement expenses.
How Much Does AC Service Cost?
Routine maintenance isn’t a free service, but you should consider it an investment, not an unnecessary expense. After all, regular servicing helps you save on utility charges, complicated and expensive repairs or system replacements.
To increase your savings, give some thought to enrolling in a maintenance plan from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning. For just one low monthly fee, you’ll decrease the risk of breakdowns and increase energy efficiency for continuous savings. Choose from three different plans to accommodate your needs and price range. You’ll get several advantages no matter which one you pick, including:
- Regular tune-ups: Our maintenance plans cover annual AC tune-ups, ensuring your system remains in peak condition.
- Priority service: Members go to the front of the line when scheduling appointments, even during high call volumes.
- Discounts: Save 15% on repairs and services, along with extra discounts on new equipment.
- Repair guarantee: For your assurance, we guarantee the quality of our repairs for a year.
Schedule Air Conditioner Service in North America
Clearly, regular AC maintenance is crucial for increasing performance and delivering home comfort. Schedule an annual visit, preferably in the spring, to prevent breakdowns and appreciate numerous other benefits of a well-maintained air conditioner.
As for choosing a company to perform the work, Service Experts is clearly the top choice, with qualified Experts, complete maintenance plans and a commitment to customer satisfaction. Trust your air conditioner maintenance to the Experts, and you’ll keep your property cool and comfortable during even the hottest months. To learn more or arrange your next AC tune-up, please contact a Service Experts office near you today.