There are many fumes that could be in your Fort Worth house. Natural gas and gases that come from household furniture, carpeting and paints. Not one of these fumes are as dangerous as carbon monoxide.
Reach Calverley Service Experts at 817-380-5647 now to start protecting your family against this toxic gas.
Why is Carbon Monoxide so Detrimental to Your Health?
Carbon monoxide may be a life and death situation, so it’s not a situation to joke about.
1. You Can’t See It
Carbon monoxide is life-threatening because you cannot see it, sense it with your nose or recognize it with your taste buds. It’s not as dangerous in small amounts and can’t be filtered.
2. It Can Be Deadly Within Minutes
Carbon monoxide is a byproduct of burnt fuel. It can filter into your residence during cold weather if the heat exchanger on your gas furnace cracks. Depending on how considerable the leak is and the ventilation in a residence, the gas may become fatal in just a few minutes.
Once inhaled, it has a half-life of around five hours. If you are breathing clean air, you will need five hours to take it out of your body. It will take an additional five hours to cut that level by half.
3. Carbon Monoxide Reaction Can Mirror Other Illnesses
The gas could also mirror illnesses that can be mistaken as the flu, viral infections and chronic fatigue syndrome, among other illnesses.
How to Protect Your Home from Carbon Monoxide
There’s no reason to take a chance with carbon monoxide poisoning.
Here are three ways you can take to keep your home safe:
- Each residence with at least one natural gas appliance, adjoined garage or fireplace should have a carbon monoxide alarm. You need to have a detector on each level of your home, including the basement and garage. You also should have one installed inside or outside of every bedroom. Aren’t using a carbon monoxide system in your residence?
Call Calverley Service Experts at 817-380-5647 to buy one. Ask our specialists about our affordable Wi-Fi carbon monoxide systems.
- If you presently have a carbon monoxide system, regularly look at or replace the batteries. You should check batteries every season, and buy a new detector every three to five years.
- If your carbon monoxide alarm goes off, exit your house immediately and dial 911.
Protect Your Loved Ones with Support from Calverley Service Experts
Carbon monoxide doesn’t have to be terrifying, and with the recommended actions your loved ones can be protected from the dangerous gas. Take the precautions and call Calverley Service Experts at 817-380-5647 to learn more.