It’s frigid outside. Most of the country is layering up for some freezing weather. And while the Experts are always ready to help, have a few HVAC and plumbing tips to help you avoid those winter weather emergencies.
- Disconnect those exterior water faucets.
- Make sure you insulate exposed pipes and outdoor fixtures.
- A slow drip in indoor sinks by outer walls can stop pipes from freezing.
- Open up kitchen and bathroom cabinets under sinks to keep warm air flowing around pipes.
- Keep an indoor temperature of at least 68 degrees (and warmer if possible).
- Get those space heaters ready by testing them for proper operation.
- If you have vents closed in unused rooms, open them now.
- If your furnace is not heating, contact the Experts for heating repairs or consider a new furnace install.
- Last but not least, give each of your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors a quick test.
Follow these simple tips to keep your HVAC and plumbing warm and working. Then make yourself some hot cocoa. And, as always, Calverley is here for you. If you’ve got questions, concerns or problems, don’t hesitate to call.