Scheduling regular AC maintenance is useful.
Maintenance keeps your air conditioner system in Fort Worth running at peak performance while keeping energy consumption small. It also could even help extend its life expectancy.
While there are a couple tasks you can do alone, you should work with Experts, like the ones at Calverley Service Experts, for AC inspections and service.
Here are a couple steps you can complete alone as you prepare for warm weather.
Get Your AC Tune-Up Scheduled
Spring is a season of rejuvenation, and to many that involves a large portion of house, garage and yard freshening. With the warmer temps near, it’s also a fantastic idea to add AC checkups on that list.
Spring is the perfect time to get your AC unit scrubbed and checked out. Delaying to turn it on until the first sweltering day of the year can be a gamble. If you need a fix or installation, you could be waiting a long time for a tech. And that could get very unpleasant.
And for those with allergies, being well prepared with a clean AC system will help ensure the finest indoor air quality while it’s pollen season.
Plus, AC maintenance might be mandatory for your equipment’s manufacturer warranty or any extra extended warranty.
Can I Do Service Alone?
There are methods that you can complete to help keep your air conditioner equipment in the prime condition:
- Put in a new air filter. Dirty filters block airflow and could lower your system’s efficiency. While replacement frequency depends on the model you use, the U.S. Department of Energy suggests each month or two. This is especially crucial if you deal with allergies or have a cat in your house.
- Lawn upkeep by the outdoor condenser. Ensure there’s no grass, weeds or bushes by your air conditioning system. We recommend keeping 2–3 feet of clear space. You should also clear any leaves or sticks that have collected inside your system, since this can limit airflow.
Let the Professionals Handle the Rest
What’s left to accomplish? If you call Calverley Service Experts at 817-380-5647, the first thing we might do is compliment you for all the steps you’ve already completed. Then our Experts start the finer details. We’ll inspect your system and make sure it’s working correctly with these steps:
- Tightening electrical connections to deliver reliable cooling.
- Lubrication to keep moving components working smoothly and potentially stay clear of issues.
- Cleaning the condensate drain line to eliminate leak-creating mold and clogs.
- Aligning coil fins to stay clear of reduced airflow.
- Freshening the exterior coil to get rid of any accumulation from dirt and weeds.
- Inspecting controls to ensure your equipment is switching on, operating and shutting off properly.
- Evaluating the operating temperature parameters to confirm your system has the correct refrigeration charge.
If we find problems that require further service, we are ready to offer you the most reasonable solution. Finding likely problems promptly can solve bigger problems later on. This also offers you time to plan if your system is aging.
When you need a new cooling system, our Experts will assist you to find the right equipment for your budget. We also offer financing to help make your new unit fit your budget. Whatever your comfort needs are, you can feel good knowing our Experts will take care of your needs.
Need to request your checkup? Contact us at 817-380-5647 or schedule an appointment online now.