Spring is nice for a couple reasons: flowers are blooming, you can crack windows for crisp air and your energy bill is often at its most economical. That’s because you’re not turning to your heat or air conditioner.
But as temperatures begin to rise, so do your energy charges. Here are a couple of ideas for saving energy in Fort Worth and keeping bills low.
1. Call for Annual AC Maintenance
Giving your AC system an annual tune-up can help it run more efficiently and reduce costs. Switching out your air filter will help keep utility bills down.
If your cooling equipment has had better days, spring is a smart time to update it. The energy-saving technology in updated air conditioning systems is a definite advantage for keeping your electricity expenses down.
2. Turn to Your Thermostat
There’s a painless way you can save up to 10% on HVAC charges. Just set your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours a day.
Figuring out how to efficiently schedule your thermostat is the smartest way to lower energy charges in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re in the house. Consider it this way, the smaller the difference between exterior temperatures and interior temperatures, the lower your cooling cost will be.
- When you’re not at home, set the thermostat to a lot higher temperature or turn it off. It doesn’t make sense to cool an empty house.
3. Experiment with Other Methods to Cool Your Space
You can try a couple other methods to help keep your house cool:
- Use a ceiling fan—By turning on a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no loss in comfort. Have your fan turn counterclockwise when it’s warm out, which drives cool air upward. This distributes cool air more uniformly when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds drawn—Sunlight quickly changes into heat as it passes through windows. Keep your residence more comfortable by shutting blinds and curtains when you’re not staying in sunny spaces.
4. Consider Installing a Smart Thermostat
You’ve left home and suddenly realize you neglected to turn up the thermostat. Then you stew about it the whole day!
Smart thermostats figure out your schedule and move the temp when you’re out to help you save energy and money. You can also adjust the thermostat from anywhere with your phone.
These pro tips will all help keep summer energy bills less expensive. If you conclude it’s time to upgrade your thermostat or need AC installation, call us at 817-380-5647 or contact us online. We’ll help you find the correct solution for your space. And as always, all our services are backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.