Spring is enjoyable for a couple reasons: flowers are blooming, you can crack windows for crisp air and your energy bill is normally at its most economical. That’s because you’re not turning to your heating or air conditioner.
But as temperatures begin to rise, so do your energy costs. Here are a couple of ideas for saving energy in Fort Worth and keeping bills less expensive.
1. Call for Annual AC Maintenance
Giving your air conditioning system a yearly maintenance visit can help it work more efficiently and reduce costs. Switching out your air filter will help keep energy bills low.
If your HVAC equipment has seen better days, spring is a smart time to update it. The energy-saving features in updated AC systems is a definite advantage for keeping your electricity expenses down.
2. Turn to Your Thermostat
There’s a painless way you can save up to 10% on HVAC charges. Just set your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours each day.
Focusing on how to effectively schedule your thermostat is the smartest way to reduce energy charges in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re in the house. Think of it this way, the less significant the difference between exterior temperatures and interior temperatures, the lower your cooling expense will be.
- When you’re not at home, set the thermostat to a significantly higher temperature or turn it off. There’s no reason to cool an empty home.
3. Experiment with Other Methods to Cool Your Space
You can take advantage of a couple other approaches to help keep your house cool:
- Use a ceiling fan—By turning on a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no loss in comfort. Have your fan turn counterclockwise when it’s warm out, which drives cool air upward. This distributes cool air more uniformly when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds closed—Sunlight quickly changes into heat as it moves through windows. Keep your house more comfortable by shutting blinds and curtains when you’re not staying in sunny spaces.
4. Think About Installing a Smart Thermostat
You’ve left home and suddenly realize you forgot to turn up the thermostat. Then you worry about it the whole day!
Smart thermostats figure out your schedule and move the temp when you’re out and about to help you save energy and money. You can also adjust the thermostat from anywhere with your phone.
These pro tips will all help keep summer energy bills low. If you conclude it’s time to modernize your thermostat or need AC installation online. We’ll help you find the correct solution for your space. And as always, all our services are protected by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.